Director of Audio Visual (Hotel)
Are you a team player who thrives on selling and executing events?
Cory’s Audio Visual provides in-house support for specific hotel properties throughout Oklahoma City. We are looking for a team member to manage audio visual services of all events at a specific venue, relationships with clients and the property, and all audio visual operations including sales, set-up, and supervision.
Abilities, Skills & Knowledge:
- Creates and executes sales strategies that drive results with a focus on customer service and profitability.
- Communicates effectively and understand client’s goals and determine audio visual needs and expectations.
- Achieves financial goals by effectively managing labor, technology inventory, and other costs.
- Understands technical aspects of event production for troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Utilizes company billing system to coordinate invoicing and billing processes.
- Represents Cory’s Audio Visual brand by reflecting company values.
- Ensures final product is delivered on time, on budget, working correctly, and maintains the Cory’s Audio Visual standard of care for our clients.
- Regularly completes sales forecasting and develops plans to address deficiencies to help grow business. Such reports are communicated with corporate office and hotel management.
- Prepares and presents concepts, quotes, and proposals in a timely manner to clients, focusing on the end result and reaching the client’s goals.
- Collaborates with vendors and other departments from within and outside the company to create amazing moments for clients.
- Responsible for any projects assigned by Manager of Rental & Event Logistics.
- Reads trade magazines, journals, books and use internet resources to stay current with audio visual technology.
- Other technology support duties as needed by venue.
Compensation is $42,000 – $45,000 annually and includes the benefits below:
- Health insurance (100% paid by employer)
- Dental insurance (50% paid by employer, 50% paid by employee)
- Vision insurance (50% paid by employer, 50% paid by employee)
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan with 3% match
- Short-term disability insurance
- High School Diploma is required and a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of audio visual experience.
- 1+ year of supervisory experience.
- 2+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
- A wide range of business attire that enables effectiveness and professionalism in the workplace.
- Strong knowledge of audio visual technology, specifically at events.
- Proficiency in computer hardware and software programs including all Microsoft Office.
- A valid driver’s license, transportation, and a cell phone.
Venues will have moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Cory’s Audio Visual based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels.
Cory’s Audio Visual does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. At Cory’s Audio Visual, we don’t just accept diversity – we embrace and celebrate our differences and how it benefits our employees, clients, and services. Inclusion leads to innovation. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Join Our Team!
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Cory's Audio Visual team, complete the form below.