Audio Visual Technician
Cory’s Audio Visual is looking for a tech-saavy, customer-service-oriented individual to join our award-winning team.
The Audio Visual Technician position works with audio visual systems in our event and installation departments to deliver, install, set up, operate, troubleshoot, and repair audio visual technology. This technology can include, but is not limited to all audio, lighting, staging, rental, and video technology for temporary and permanent installations. Audio visual professionals keep detailed records of all installations, maintenance, and repairs to audio visual technology and systems.
Compensation is $15.00-$17.00 per hour and includes the benefits below:
- Health insurance (100% paid by employer)
- Dental insurance (50% paid by employer, 50% paid by employee)
- Vision insurance (50% paid by employer, 50% paid by employee)
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan with 3% match
- Short-term disability insurance
Abilities, Skills & Knowledge:
- Installs and pulls wire as per specifications
- Installs and wires technology used in systems
- Terminates wires with standard audio visual and IT connections
- Tests all equipment to ensure performance of system
- Prompt in responding to deadlines and goals set by the client and the team.
- Works with Project Manager to oversee additional crew to ensure jobs are on track and completed within the allotted time
- All work is performed to Cory’s Audio Visual standards and quality installation techniques are practiced
- Work with Systems Engineers on startup to ensure complete system function and operability
- Works with Project Manager to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client and service department
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
- Must adhere to applicable safety standards and wear required PPE (PPE will be provided)
- Delivery, set up, and pick up of audio visual technology such as projectors, speakers, video monitors, cameras, equipment racks, lighting, associated wiring, etc
- Engage clients while performing on-site work while displaying company values and brand
- Conduct quality control analysis to execute a flawless event or installation
- Problem-solve and handle malfunctions well under pressure
- Diagnose malfunctioning audio visual technology and repair it as necessary
- Maintain a list of all damaged equipment and report to their supervisor
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required
- Working knowledge of audio visual equipment
- Capability of learning CRP and ERP software
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and clients, in a clear and concise manner.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- A clean driving record
- Valid insurance if a personal vehicle is used for company errands.
- Reliable mode of communication.
There will be moderate exposure to extreme outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand, and/or dust. There will be significant lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Cory’s Audio Visual.
Cory’s Audio Visual does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. At Cory’s Audio Visual, we don’t just accept diversity – we embrace and celebrate our differences and how it benefits our employees, clients, and services. Inclusion leads to innovation. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Join Our Team!
If you believe you have what it takes to join the Cory's Audio Visual team, complete the form below.